Let’s begin with NaNoWriMo.
I’ve been writing a lot this month, and in the last week I’ve been scrabbling to reach my last 5k. Granted, it’s been hard, but it’s been fun too. Word wars, chats with other writers, encouragement, and most of all, progress on my book!
I have a very hard time getting writing done without a deadline. That’s why Word Wars, NaNoWriMo camps, and NaNoWriMo are so helpful for procrastinating people!
And now, the wrap-up of the month.
The NaNoWriMo update basically summed up my writing currently, but I’ll go into a little more detail. 😅
I’m proud of Course to Earth at the moment. I’ve produced eight chapters so far, three of which had to be completely re-written. Hehe…
The characters are just…I can’t believe how wonderful they are. I guess my writing talent is character development. I’m sure when I have a few novels under my belt, I’ll look back at Course to Earth and say ‘Wow. What an awful book. Thanks for teaching me so much.’
I still can’t handle outlining! * Pulls hair in annoyance *
I’m beginning to grasp the concept of settings.
And overall…I’m happy with my writing at the moment.
- The Blackgaard Chronicles by Phil Lollar. This was a series based off of the Adventures in Odyssey audio drama series. I enjoyed this series; a mysterious villain, strong heroes, and a hooking plot. Saying that I’ve completed the series isn’t entirely true, there is more to come. They just haven’t reached publication yet.
- Warriors: Moonrise and Dawn by Erin Hunter. I’m addicted to this series. The original series was hooking and reading this sequel series in the eyes of Firestar’s former apprentice and daughters is a nice change. 😅 I can’t wait to read more.
- Warriors: Starlight by Erin Hunter. Continuation book of Dawn.
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux. I’m really enjoying this novel. I’m mainly reading it so I can watch the movie. I love how the author leaves the real identity of the Phantom to such a suspenseful cliffhanger so far.
- Conspiracy 365 by Gabrielle Lord. This 12 book series, while not very believable, is fun to read all the same! Currently I’m on February, book two.
- Wars of the Realm by Chuck Black. Just. Read. It. Help me. It the best.
A Day in a Life Stuff…
- Rearranged the living room of our house.
- Watched the first two episodes of the Mandalorian!
- Snuggled my bunny rabbit.
- Entered an art contest.
Well, I think that’s all. Until next week blogpeople!